What is the Culture-Libre foundation
Culture-Libre is a non-profit organisation organized under the local laws of Alsace, France and physically located à Strasbourg, Alsace, France. Its main goal is to encourage everyone to develope, share and publish works under free licenses.
Why culture-libre ?
The foundation was born from the will to give back recognition for their social virtues to knowledge and culture.
Indeed, it starts from the premise that:
- The commodification of culture and knowledge relays them to the level of a consumer product;
- They lose their first roles of cultural heritage and means of individuals expression.
Specifically, the association has the following goals:
- Public Information
- Publication of works under free licenses
- Archiving of works under free licenses
- Support authors
- Organization of events (concerts, expositions, etc.).
We name a free license any text which grants on a intellectual work to at anyone at any time and any place without commercial restriction, rights to :
- use it without any restriction,
- study it,
- publish it,
- copy it, change copies and publish this copies and this changes
By extension we call a free work, any work under a free license.
Association culture-libre 29 rue de Wasselonne 67000 Strasbourg France
For any remark about the site, please contact webmaster at culture-libre dot org.
For questions, remarks and suggestions about the foundation, please contact contact at culture-libre dot org.